Sunday, June 3, 2018

It's June! Whoa.

It's been a great week. Today I facilitated a council discussion in church on prioritizing our time. A lot of thoughts were shared about letting go of guilt, not putting our value on checking things off a "To Do" list, and feeling gratitude each day instead of guilt for what you haven't done or should be doing. That will be my focus this week! So hopefully I can write out of gratitude for a wonderful week that I have had, although I can't remember a lot of the details.

Monday was memorial day! We went morel mushroom hunting with Samuel's friend from work and his family. Emily (his wife) is a good friend of mine. They have 3 kids, the youngest of which is Annalise's age. I used to swim a lot with the mom when I was pregnant after I first started getting to know her. I didn't find any mushrooms but Samuel found his first one EVER! They are apparently very special here in McCall. You can actually get paid lots of money for them. I've never been able to find any though.

On Tuesday, Annalise and I went on a short hike in Ponderosa and also on a morning walk. The flowers are beautiful here in town! I enjoyed hiking with just her and it reminded me of one year ago when I took her as a little tiny baby on that same trail. This time, she was a lot more interactive. I gave her some wildflowers as we hiked and she would wave them in the air and then clutch them to her chest lovingly. Haha. She's a hoot! I love spending my time with her! Here are some pretty wildflowers on a walk through town:



My time is mostly tied up in cleaning, cooking, and taking care of Annalise so it is hard to distinguish between my days. Tuesday night we had a ladies night at a local restaurant. Last was four of my friends' as well as my birthdays so I invited everyone to eat dinner to celebrate at a restaurant. It was definitely our funnest (yes that is a word) ladies night yet. Everyone talked and everyone seemed to have a great time. FINALLY! Haha. 

Wednesday my friend had her baby so I made her dinner. I also took Annalise to the library storytelling time. She spent the whole time crawling up to the other kids that were patiently listening to the story and poking their faces and shirts and trying to interact with them. Then she pushed around a box of blocks all around the house. Later that day we went on a bike ride to the park/beach with two of my friends and their kids. That was fun, but she spent the whole time trying to crawl into the cold water with all her clothes on. Finally I took her clothes off and put her in naked and she seemed to love it despite the temperature! Later that day I went on a bike ride with a friend. 

Thursday I had my online office hour, tutoring for two hours, and more park time. Can't remember what else. 

Friday I went on a hike to Boulder lake with some friends. It was beautiful! Colder, overcast morning but there were low-hanging clouds. 

 
Later that day, Samuel and I got out for a date night. We had a leisurely bike ride through town and got some ice cream! YUM. One of my favorite things to do is bike leisurely through town. Especially with my man!!


Saturday Samuel had a training for young mens in the morning and then spent the rest of the day working on the bathroom and other house projects. He amazes me with his knowledge of all things mechanical or engineer or...everything. He always knows how to fix everything and if he doesn't know, he can figure it out and works hard at it. He really likes doing projects. Here he is working on our bathroom. It's coming along. Now all the moldy flooring is out, and he added those fresh planks you see (sub flooring I think). I'm glad he likes doing stuff like this! 

 I got out on a beautiful trail run. Town is picking up with lots of visitors. I stopped by a yard sale and got Annie a doll for $1. She absolutely loves it and will shower it with kisses and carry it around. It's pretty darn cute!!
 
Later that day I did some gardening/weeding and then we met up with several friends having a little pizza beach party. Annalise loved the water but I was a stress case worrying that she was going to drown even though Samuel and I were both right there. She got in kind of deep and then would crack up every time the little (but big for her) waves would crash on her! It was cute. She didn't want to get out, but was shivering by the end so we pulled her out and took her home even though she was mad about it.



Annalise has transitioned to one nap a day. She sleeps about two hours in the middle of the day. She was ready for it, but the transition was still rough (she is still pretty sleepy come 11 am). But now her night time sleep is better. Maybe it is the linguist in me, but I am amazed at how much of my language she can understand and how quickly she can pick up on things now. She knows many of her body parts, basic commands, books, necklaces, hat, binkie, snack, jacket, shoes and of course mom and dad. She can say dadda but doesn't really say Mom on command still. She is such a joy!!

Love and miss you all! I am looking forward to another great week and then our cruise to Alaska! Hopefully we can get a short email in next Sunday before we get on the boat. 







No comments:

Post a Comment