"Common times for growth spurts are during the first few days at home and around 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9 months(more or less)."
In other words, they occur ALL THE TIME. Don't worry, you may get a 2-3 day break during which you'll declare your baby is finally "normal." It's a great definition, but I feel it needs the following amendments:
- occur when mothers verbalize the following statements:
- "I'm doing well!"
- "I'm finally getting the hang of this motherhood thing."
- "The baby's schedule is starting to get a little more regular."
- "She's a great baby."
- "Yeah, babe, you can go out for a dude's night tonight."
- simultaneously occurs the one night in the week that Dad isn't home
- spontaneously end when Dad comes home
- single-handedly responsible for why new mothers' resolve to stop eating chocolate/desserts crumbles
- responsible for why babies wake up 2 lbs heavier than when they went to bed the night before
We had a few days of consistency and then yesterday she was fussy all day. It's like she's a human and not a robot or something! Last night, Samuel had mutual (he is young men's president) and the last time he did, I had a total meltdown from having to go in every five seconds to calm, rock, or binkie (verb for putting binkie in the baby's mouth) the babe. I am proud of myself that last night, I was able to be patient and not get frustrated by the whole process. GO ME! Although when he came home, I declared, "I'm taking tomorrow night off!" and collapsed on the couch.
I'm not a parent, so I have no good advice, but I'd say you're doing great! Humor is the best medicine, so keep on taking it. :)
ReplyDeleteGrowth spurts are so hard! They were terrible with my first but got easier with my second. Keep going, you got this!
ReplyDelete