Heidi is 5 months! I wake up every morning for another day with such a wonderful, sweet, delightful spirit. It is my favorite thing in life to watch the personalities of babies come out. Today I brought home a rather large fake potted plant that I bought off a friend and Heidi was TERRIFIED of it. I'm talking, crying like she never has cried before. She is turning out to be a very chill, happy, pleasant baby. Smiles easily, and belly laughs almost daily. She is easily entertained by her older sister, kicks her feet and waves her hands wildly when daddy comes home, and I'll also add that she is rather obsessed with me, which always makes me feel good. :) She is very vocal about what she wants and will often put on this "I am SO OFFENDED" expression the moment I set her down to play on her mat by herself. Although I do make dinner occasionally, Ill admit that we hold her and spoil her quite a bit. Samuel is usually holding her during dinner while she claps her hands loudly and wildly on the table, grasping at the food or silverware or whatever she can get her hands on. Either that or she is sucking vigorously on her thumb staring at each bite of food on the fork. She'll be getting solid food in a few weeks, although honestly I don't feel ready for that. Her two adorable bottom teeth are telling me otherwise. When I have told Samuel that he can put her down, he often says, "I know, but I don't want to!" She really is that fun to hold and cuddle. I can't get enough of her these days. She loves to read books and will talk and slap each page and try to put it all in her mouth. She also loves music and singing and will flap her hands wildly. She tolerates tummy time and is very strong but prefers sitting up so she can see like everyone else. She can roll over a lot but hasn't rolled from back to tummy yet. Sleeps wonderfully through the night and nurses well. My times nursing with her and some of my favorite and she frequently reminds me to be present when she reaches for my hand (sometimes on my phone) and holds it or wraps my hand around her. She is the sweetest gift I could ever have!
And then there is Annalise. She now talks in full sentences all the time but will act like she can't say a word in big groups. She has a great vocabulary but sometimes will mix up the pronunciation of things and I find it adorable. For example, today she said "water mormon" instead of "watermelon." I didn't correct her. When she is wants to communicate something and is trying to formulate her thoughts into a sentence to tell me, she gets this look of excitement and anticipation on her face as she is trying to put it into words. It is so adorable that I usually end up saying YES if it is a request because I just can't say no to her cute face. She still loves to read, loves loves her baby sister, is obedient, helpful, playful, creative, independent, and goofy with her friends. I never imagined I could love a little girl so much. I hope so much that I can help her accomplish her mission on this earth, because I know she has a very special one! (my editing stinks so don't judge; I don't know what I'm doing)
And if we're being real, this is how photographing toddlers really goes:











No comments:
Post a Comment